What should I do when my Champaign home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your loved ones – against the many risks you may encounter, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home might be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Champaign home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be shocking, bewildering, and may incite panic. Your best option is to stay composed and abide by these straightforward suggestions.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Champaign Sounds
It’s a circumstance no resident desires to be in, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. So what are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the optimal way to assess what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency alone and let your monitoring professionals and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your primary concern should be your family and leading them to safety. In the case of a intrusion, this might involve going to a designated secure area as far from entry points as possible. Chances are your alarm already scared off the intruder, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a fire, you ought to leave your house right away.
- Remember your smartphone. Nowadays, most homeowners have their smartphones at all times, but you could forget to grab it during a crisis. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and obtain notifications through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
Whenever your home alarm system in Champaign goes off, your 24/7 monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The protocol they follow depends on the sort of emergency. To illustrate, if a medical emergency is initiated, one attempt will be made to contact you before assistance is deployed. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most typical kind of event - a monitoring professional will abide by these procedures to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you via the central command panel. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that isn’t successful, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is tried next.
- If you still can’t be reached, nearby police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again after authorities are notified.
If you're not in a position to converse with monitoring staff, don’t fret. Help will still be dispatched even if you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Get protection for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Champaign
Get prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Champaign from Vivint. Call (217) 759-1212 to begin designing your home’s protection today.