What to do to cut down on false alarms in Champaign
False alarms are a real problem for a home security system. They not only erode the trust you have in your equipment, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you are able to do some things to reduce false alarms from your Champaign home security system.
First, ensure that your devices installed as intended. This might appear to be a no-brainer, but it frequently happens that overlooked miscues lead to false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on possible sources of false alarms, including a back door that might be kept open inadvertently. And finally, you should try to incorporate the various features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Champaign.
Could it be really that simple? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Champaign?
Like diagnosing any issue, the first thing to do is read the guidebook. Be certain that all devices are set up correctly from your end by:
- Running a checkup through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually inspect each component to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to ensure that your alarms aren’t arming at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart components are installed in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Reach out to your Vivint representative if you continue to have issues cutting down false alarms in your Champaign home. They'll be pleased to send out a tehnician to inspect your system.
Check your entry points
If your installation seems to be installed properly, the next step is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are your windows and doors shut tight, or might there be a few inadvertently cracked? If an entry point stays open, it could trigger a sensor. If your family routinely fails to secure a door, you can incorporate a smart locking mechanism that secures automatically when the alarm is engaged. Regrettably, windows need extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have someone who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it simple to turn off that device while still shielding the remainder of the property.
Home automation can be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Champaign
One of the most effective ways to minimize the chance of false alarms is to include automation into your security system. By using your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms caused by accidentally opening a door or window. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again that evening when you’re asleep.
- Program the alarm to disarm as your smart lock is initiated with the correct code.
- Set geotracking to arm your system when you exit the property, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile notifications when your components notice uncommon movements or require a new battery.
- Pair your home security to a smart home speaker, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Champaign with a Vivint smart home installation
Increased control over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To customize your Vivint home security system, reach out to (217) 759-1212 or complete the form on this page.