How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Champaign smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total command of your Champaign home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Champaign do for you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements with radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote operation through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the tasks you can carry out:
- Review live or recorded video from all integrated security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Champaign by setting schedules or establishing rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your front door unlock whenever the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present in the home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window or door will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Champaign
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote access, tap phone or email and enter the info to dispatch an invitation.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Champaign home security system. Dial (217) 759-1212 to learn more.