Can your smart home be hacked in Champaign? The short answer is ”not likely”. A smart home system from a respected supplier like Vivint protects with 1024-bit encryption and cyber-security measures to keep your system safe. Only an advanced hacker with a lot of time and patience will have any chance at success. Wrongdoers typically prey on low-hanging fruit that's easy and a home security system isn't typically on their to-do list.
The ways Vivint safeguards you from smart home hackers in Champaign
Vivint makes installing your home security and home automation systems simple through the use of wireless components. With that in mind, the absence of wired connections might equate to a bit more apprehension about your home’s online security. Luckily, Vivint components have effective safeguards that help thwart hackers. The ensuing are just a few ways Vivint protects you:
● 1024-bit encryption: Theoretically, 1024-bit encryption might be cracked, but it would need an abundance of time and effort to solve. Most hackers are not going to allocate the needed resources to navigate past this level of encryption.
● Hidden IP addresses:It’s certainly challenging to hack what you can’t find. Vivint takes steps to keep your smart home private by shielding your IP address to outsiders.
● Frequent updates: Your security system should strive to be ready for the latest threats by issuing consistent patches and updates to firmware and software.
Other ways you can help protect your Champaign smart home from becoming hacked
Even though Vivint gives you state-of-the-art devices that are equipped with advanced, built-in security, your day-to-day habits can go a long way in keeping your smart home secure.
● Use secure passwords: Be certain to implement a password that is difficult or nearly impossible to guess for your smartphone security app and Wi-Fi connections. A random string of upper and lower case letters, symbols and numbers are a smarter choice than using something personal like a birthday or child’s name. As a general rule, the longer it is, the harder it is to crack. Also, make sure you update your passwords per a set schedule.
● Don’t share passwords: You need to keep your home security password out of the wrong hands. When you need to give someone other than a family member a PIN for your smart locking system, assign a a limited time access code. Your neighbors or friends will be allowed to check up on the house per your instructions, and later they won’t be able to enter when the code’s lifespan runs out.
● Check your settings often: You could be the first to find something is amiss with your home defense system. If you sense something unusual, check your smart home setup on your smart hub or mobile app. If something is out of whack, update your passwords without delay.
Get your secure smart home from Vivint today!
The best thing you can do to enjoy a safe and secure smart home is to select a provider like Vivint. Our components utilize innovative internet security safeguards that cause them to be a major challenge to break into. Contact (217) 759-1212 or send in the form below to speak with our Vivint specialists and configure your secure smart home.